Monday, December 12, 2016

Waiting for Spring!


I really don't like the winter much - I spend a lot of time basically hibernating under a blanket waiting for the spring to come! So today I must apologise for my wholly unseasonable tag project!

I was thinking about something my teamie Joyce said when I created this - she was talking about how to use stamps creatively and so my 'flowers' were born. They are actually created using the leaf and feather stamps from Going Wild!


Here's how I made it:
1) Stamp the leaf in pink ink creating a radiating pattern with multiple images. Fill in the gaps between the leaf images with feathers stamped in yellow.

2) Use the star from Unicorns & Rainbows to create a flower centre in each cluster of stamped images.

3) Use a black pen to roughly outline the petals with scribbly lines. Also draw in some swirly curls and teeny circle dots, freehand.

4) Go over the swirls and dots with green watercolour.

5) Stamp the sentiment onto kraft card, cut out in a circle and edge with Susan's Snow ink from Colorbox. Mat the tag onto kraft card edged with the same white ink and finish with ribbon and gems.

Hope this makes you feel a little warmer today!!!

Katy x

Susan K Weckesser products used:

Unity/SKW stamp sets: Going Wild, Unicorns & Rainbows, In My Garden

Colorbox Color Pop/SKW Inks: Snow, Mystery





1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe